Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 2: Unveiling of the name




Well, we've finally decided on a name other than "Baby Awesome." We decided to name him after two of the men we most look up to, our fathers.:


"... Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first parents... and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good. Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them. "

The Book of Mormon, Helaman 5:6-7


So, Timothy Kent Stapleton will hopefully live up to his namesakes and do great things. Although all he does now is eat, sleep, cry, and poop, we think it's great (that's the twisted thing about being a parent: I never thought it would happen to me). It's getting late, and I've been running on negative sleep, so I'll have to tell the story of KT's Journey of Birth later.

9 comments:

allienmhpu@gmail.com said...

He doesn't look like an alien as you feared Scotty, but a bundle of awesome baby lovin

Liz said...

He is darling - Caleb agreed with me - we had to keep looking at the different photos. I think in the first photo he looks like Scott - does he have red hair? but the photo of you holding him looks like you and your dad.
Congratulations!

Sara said...

Wonderful name! Glad you're doing well. The Robisons

Sonja said...

He's so cute! What a great name too! Wishing you all the best as a new mom. You're both so amazing, what a lucky little guy to have you as parents. Sure miss you and think of you often!

Jeremy, Sonja, and Ty

Sonja said...

Congrats! what a healthy and happy little boy. Hope all is well with you both. (Jeremy C.)

mama bear said...

Great name, I think he'll grow up to be a powerful man. Until then, he is such a little cutie! Congrats, I can't wait to see him in person.
By the way, this is Kim Brown.

David said...

What a guy. Congrats! We are excited to meet Tim (and see you guys) in a couple of weeks.

Dave & Sarah

Jen said...

Congrats! He is so cute! And you look amazing Katie! I understand about the no sleep thing. I don't think I emailed anyone for about two weeks because I was so exhausted. His measurments were almost exactly Brylie's measurements. Funny! Well, rest up as much as you can. I hope you have some family or the relief society is helping out with meals. I would send one but it wouldn't be very good by the time it got there. Just make sure you keep the pictures coming! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome! such a cute name. and i LOVE the scripture. i will have to keep that in mind.