Monday, March 3, 2008

Family Visit






My Grandpa Cracroft passed away on February 11th, and subsequently, Timmy and I flew out to Utah for the funeral a few days later. Scott wasn't able to join us for the funeral, but flew out just as soon as he could, after his mid-terms were over. So, we had the chance to spend Spring Break with our families and enjoy reveling in memories of Grandma and Grandpa Cracroft.

My Grandpa was an optimist and a humorist. I never saw him unhappy. Although, I know he must have had his moments of despair, it was just a side of him I never saw. He always had on a happy face and was glad to see me when I would call or visit. That is what I will remember most about him. It was wonderful to celebrate his life and to hear stories from his siblings and children at his funeral.

The family was wonderful and welcoming, and we enjoyed so much spending time with them and having them meet our little Timmy.

5 comments:

Angie said...

So sorry about the death. I'm glad that you were able to have a good time though. Wow, I can't believe how big the little one is. I need to come visit you and meet him officially!

Sonja said...

Looks like a wonderful visit and celebration of a wonderful life!

Harvey Family said...

Sorry about your grandpa. Timmy is so cute!

Michelle said...

So fun to go visit your family! I loved the story of Timmy sneaking out. I hope he doesn't influence Madeline! It was fun to find your blog.

Blogful said...

Holy Cow! You blog! AND you have an adorable junior. CONGRATULATIONS! Come catch up with the Hickens curlyredblog.blogspot.com