Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring is almost here!

This is Timmy's favorite stuffed animal, his elephant. He's likes to suck on his nose.
These are two different bath times last week. As you can see, Timmy loves the bath! He's always super-happy in there. It will be fun to take him swimming this summer, since he loves the water so much.
These are of Timmy playing on our bed. He likes to have "tummy time" there while I get ready in the mornings or fold laundry.
Timmy has been sleeping so much better during the day and evening! It's been great! I've been putting him down a lot earlier, after he's only awake for an hour, and he'll protest for like 10 seconds, and then fall asleep for an hour or two. Before, I would wait longer, and he'd only sleep for 30-45 minutes usually. Scott and I have been putting him to bed earlier too, and he's been great. Now...if I could only get him back to sleeping until 5 am. He's been waking up to eat at 1:30 am ever since we came back from Utah. (Growth spurt?) I'm sure it will happen sometime. If any of you moms have suggestions, (to quote Ross Perot) I'm all ears.

Timmy likes to have a blanket next to his face to snuggle into, and he will NOT sleep unless his arms are swaddled. I keep trying, because he's feet don't fit in the bottom pouch anymore, but he just cries, sucks on his hands, tears at his face, pulls his binky out...and just can't sleep. Anyway, as long as he's swaddled, has his binky, and has a blanky to snuggle into, he sleeps great. Man...is my kid picky, or what?!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Aw, he is so so so cute! Bath time looks like it's always a fun time. I'm glad yo uare having such a fun time with him. Yay for more sleeping too!

Alicia W. said...

It's funny what babies are picky about and how each on is different. He's sure cute and getting so big!

Jen said...

He totally looks like Scott! He is starting to get a distinct look! So cute! Brylie was swaddled until 4 months so no worries. I am under the philosophy that if it makes your life better then do it...swaddling won't hurt him for a little longer. When he doesn't want to be swaddled anymore he will wiggle himself free. That's how I knew Brylie was done. You might have to get some bigger blankets! He was probably just thrown off by the time change. Give it a few more days and I'm sure he will be back on regular schedule!

jamie lynette said...

I just love pictures of sleeping babies! So innocent! My friend's little boy was still swaddled at 6 months, and actually I he might still be and he is 9 months now. If that is how he wants sleep...I say let him!

Oh and I forgot to comment on a few previous posts: I loved the punk rocker picture (dang he is starting young!). And he looks very handsome in his Easter outfit!

amydear said...

I hope he likes swimming as much as bath time, but be warned the pools here are kept pretty cool and sometimes babies protest! I love swaddling babies and get sad when they get too big. Kara just got to big and roly poly, but I think she'd still like to be swaddled.

Anonymous said...

he is so cute. getting so big.