Sunday, May 11, 2008

HOLLAND

This last weekend we went to Holland, MI for the TULIP FESTIVAL! Here are some pictures of the flowers. They have rows and rows of different types of tulips - very pretty.Here's Timmy at the Tulip Farm, sporting his baby sunglasses, which protect his little eyes from the sun, but are undoubtedly "dorky" as Scott puts it. But look at that winning smile!!
The whole Fam. We look a little jaded from our 3 hour drive. Scott says that it is lucky his face is shaded by his hat, so that we can still post the picture.
Here's Timmy in the flowers. Hmmm.....his pose reminded us of some Christ child paintings we have seen before...

10 comments:

Todd and Anna said...

Looks like a fun trip, I think the tulips are so cool to see and the huge fields are fun to walk through!
I love the glasses on Timmy, and the smile is great

You will have to let me know how you post several pictures into one picture, that is fun to see.

Todd

Alicia W. said...

Looks like fun! I love sunglasses for little kids (my girls each have a couple pair...do we ever remember to wear them outside? No.)

Harvey Family said...

What a cute family! And the flowers are Beautiful! It looks like it was a fun trip. Love the sunglasses!

Anna-Lisa said...

That looks like fun Katie. I love the tulips!!! Timmy looks just like Scott, it's crazy! By the way, I think it's very important for little babies to wear sunglasses so they totally don't look dorky!

Stephanie said...

Wow, you just up and went to Holland!? I confess, I'm a little envious. But at least you brought back some fabulous pictures for us to drool over. Thank you. Timmy is really cute!

Stephanie said...

OK, I'm an idiot. I need to practice more attention to detail, like that little ",MI" you wrote after Holland. Oh dear, oh dear...

Stapletons said...

Yes, just Michigan, but a trip nonetheless. I guess the trend right now is trips close to home, since gas prices are SO HIGH!
Todd, Scott made the collage on Powerpoint by sizing the pictures together how he liked and then saving the whole thing as one picture.
Thanks for checking out our blog. :)
- KT

Sarah Marie said...

Those tulips are really pretty! I know my parents have wanted to go to the tulip festival there. You'll have to go check out Holland's beach this summer!

Angie said...

so beautiful! I wish we would have been able to go. I think we will definitely have to go next year. The pics of Timmy are great! He is such a cute little boy.

Anonymous said...

very beautiful! great smile in that one picture of timmy. :) love it! (my older brother served his mission in the Nehterlands) so you would never tell the difference that you were in MI. :)