So, Timmy has turned into a picky face this week. After getting the stomach flu and his first tooth, something switched. He won't eat so many things that were fine before! So frustrating! Anyway, we are trying not to make food a fight, and just offer him good things, let him eat what he eats. Anyone have any genius things that have helped them?
I talked to some moms tonight and they said it will get better when he stops teething. Is that true?
9 comments:
Jane went through a phase like that. Just keep offering good foods and variety and he'll come around. Jane really liked frozen things when she was teething like frozen fruit, smoothies (can he do a straw?) or soft foods like spaghetti. Put pureed carrots in the sauce.
One things that we have done is offer one spoonful of the thing we know the babies like (prunes, bananas) and then a spoonful of the new food.
I've also used a great website called wholesomebabyfood.com It has great ideas for what type of foods you can offer.
Also Max LOVES frozen bananas on a stick, especially when he is teething.
Good luck!
Oooo! Good ideas!
Gabe's pediatrician said it is common for toddlers to become picky about food even if they were good eaters before. I'm sure he will come around ... and even if doesn't, he will be just fine. We are lucky in that Gabe will eat practically anything.
Emily is almost 7. She still has picky spells and I'll eat anything spells. I don't know when it ends. Pushing it is definitely now worth it, you're smart just to let him eat what he'll eat.
Sorry about not inviting you to my blog. I ended up having the wrong address! I'm so glad you let me know, thanks for the christmas card.
My little boy Chase is teething also and he 10 months old. We won't eat any solid foods when he is teething. He only wants fluids. It does get better once he is done, but it's a frustrating couple of weeks. Hang in there!
Thanks for the tips! He ate broccoli yesterday! He definitely has done better, I've noticed when I just put out what I put out and let him eat what he eats, and just let him be done when he won't eat anymore. I appreciate all the advice!
Well, I wish it was that easy for us - Caleb will not eat (like the last 3 days or so) anything unless it is a game. He just about fell off the charts before he turned 1 and continues to be about the 3rd percentile, but smoothies were a big hit - and power pack them if you are concerned - whole milk, yogurt-the fatty kind, and carnation instant breakfast if it is really a problem.
liz
Post a Comment