Sunday, February 15, 2009

Night at the Museum

     Ok, so we didn't really spend the night at the museum like in Ben Stiller's wild and zany 2006 flick,  but I just needed a catchy contemporary title because I didn't think you'd look at our blog otherwise.  At the University of Michigan Natural History Museum, there is an exhibit about the Hubble Space Telescope and the up-and-coming James Webb Space Telescope.  During the summer of 2007 I worked for ATK in Magna (UT), where some of the structural composite parts are being designed and constructed.  I didn't really play a critical role, but I still wanted to check out the display, which was pretty cool.  The cost of entrance was right in our price range: free.  There was a "suggested donation" for entrance, but we tactlessly pretended like we didn't see the sign.  What a bunch of cheapskates we are!


     As a side note, the whole trip reinforced the concept that chics dig babies!  I've let my single friends know that if they want to stroll around the park with Timmy a bit, it's cool.  I don't think they quite understand what a babemagnet Timmy can actually be!  On this particular trip, he was hammin it up on the bus, and always had at least one female admirer smiling at him.  I think if he realized that he just gets less attractive to the ladies as he gets older, he'd be getting phone numbers and commitments now while he's still got it.  

3 comments:

Blogful said...

What a cutie he is. He's starting to look a lot older--like an older brother almost. :)
Way to feed his mind at such a tender age.

Janessa said...

Katie,

I've been trying to get in touch via email, but I must have an old one for you. Will you email me at my first and last name at yahoo.com? Thanks, girl! Love ya, Janessa

Anna-Lisa said...

The pictures look cool. Don't you just love museums? Especially free ones!!