As I downloaded the pics from our camera this month, I thought I'd touch on some passed-over highlights:
1. Adult pinewood derby. As an engineer, I feel like I should make a really precise, technical car driven by the advances of physics. Therefore, I try to make a silly car patterned after some random object: hence the whale car! This year, I actually beat a car, but was eliminated by the winning car, so I think that means I tied for second. Whatever. TT really digs the car, and even refused to sleep without it the first night. In the morning, he was playing with it and I noticed only 3 wheels. To my shock, I found the wheel and the axle (a nail) sitting on his matress. Let's just say that pinewood derby cars are not good "sleepytime toys." Lesson learned and no one lost an eye. Ten points for us!
.jpg)
2. Haircuts. While haircuts aren't really that much of a highlight, we just happened to have a picture of the process this month. TT doesn't really like the removing of the hair, maybe because he thinks that he's losing his super strength (he tends to take the Bible extremely literally sometimes). Anyway, I taught myself to cut hair through trial and error on poor mission companions in Germany. Hair cutting can be tough, but try adding the attention span of a 2 year old. Even with the Wiggles blaring on the mini DVD player, I seem to always miss large spots, but the chicks he's interested in don't seem to really mind, so he's ok with it.
3. Katie played the flute in church last week. I know, I didn't know she played the flute till recently either. Go figure. TT now has his own little plastic flute so that he can play along. He's really gifted. There may be only one possible note in his little "made in Taiwan" flute, but he really knows how to work that one note. I think it's a D#. I think.
1 comment:
I love that Timmy is strapped into his chair while you are cutting his hair. Smart Dad! You're boys are adorable!
Post a Comment