Although it was raining today, we managed to get out two times. Yay us. We made it to the botanical garden to see the fish and the beautiful flowers in the morning. In the afternoon we had German Playgroup at Lisa's house and had a great time singing, making a bead craft and playing with the ball shoot. Last time she even had a parachute! What fun!
Aaron was so cute today. He loves to smile really big and clap. He is easy to get to laugh when you just look at him and start laughing. He has recently started to love to roll around on our bed and nuzzle his face into the mattress and pillows. He likes to throw himself backwards onto the pillows, while I scramble to make sure he doesn't get too close and smack his head on the head or foot board. He's an expert crawler and loves to stand up on things. Although, he falls an awful lot throughout the day and I worry often of his many "bonks." He even fell right out of the tub today while we were doing bath time! Ah!
He is an attention lover lately, and gets really upset if I try to read Timmy a story without having him on my lap too. But the problem with that is that he also wants to play with the book, and not really read it. This infuriates Tim! :)
He likes to play tug-of-war with his spoon while you are feeding him. It takes quite a while to feed him lunch when at every bite, he bites the spoon and you can't get it out. He laughs, chokes out some food, and then, you try again. He just thinks that is the funniest thing in the world. Sometimes I can get sneaky and get a spoonful in without him getting his teeth on it.
His favorite toy is Timmy's potty. He just loves throw the bowl out of it and knock it around. I have to admit that I've really given up on this one. I keep the door to the bathroom closed, and that's not a problem. But the little potty on the main floor, I was putting up and down all day for so many weeks, that I finally just gave in to him playing with it. At least we wash the bowl after each use....but still....if some of you don't want to be my friend anymore...I totally understand!
Aaron is always movin'! He doesn't seem to sit still for a moment, and if you do catch him for a moment, nuzzling into you, it makes your day!
One day when Aaron was about 6 month old Scott said at dinner, "Aaron is really cute. I'm glad we had him. Well done." :)
We love our little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment