Two days ago, Scott had just taped my back to help support my ruptured disk. The Physical Therapist told us to tape it with a cross and then an X. Timmy came into the bathroom and said "Mommy a STAR! Mommy a STAR!" as he pointed to my back. Then, "T.T. a TRAIN!" as he placed his Thomas train on his lower back.
Some common phrases from him these days are "I need a ice pack!" "My back hurts" and "Mommy! Stay back here!" The first two are obviously from myself and the third is from Scott telling Timmy to stay close to him. I have to tell Timmy quite often that I can't pick him up because my back hurts and that I need an ice pack on my back to make it better.
I'm still waiting to turn a corner on healing, but I'm just determining that no matter how I feel, good or bad, that I need a good 6 weeks of no lifting, and maybe 3 more for good measure to make sure I don't get hurt again. Just trying to enjoy life in the midst of "taking it easy."
1 comment:
Katie - I hope you are feeling better soon. I don't know how you'll manage no lifting with two little boys who - no doubt - want to be lifted and carried by their mama.
Post a Comment