We recently purchased a season pass to the Hand's on Museum and it came with a gift certificate to the gift shop. We got the idea to make a planet mobile from Liz Coltrin, so KT and the little ones bought these cool glow-in-the-dark planets. We made a little mobile this morning, and it turned out to be pretty cool and goes great with Timmy's NASA poster.
4 comments:
AH!!! We bought those same planets. We've used tape, we've used the little adhesive strips they came with. Every morning new planets have fallen down. Only mercury is hanging on. Think you could recreate a fill-in-the-blanks mobile for us? If the price was right? I've got some astronomy-crazy kids that would love you. Aren't those plants so cool when they glow in the dark? We love Jupiter best.
The putty/fishing line system didn't look like a really reliable method. I could totally make an empty mobile that you can just assemble and then bend the joints closed. Wouldn't be too hard.
We had the same planets and the same problem with them falling down. I did putty + thumbtacks and it has worked so far. I totally want the mobile version though; how cool is that? Scott... what's your going rate for a mobile?
OK, I'm in! I'll call Katie and have her grab some when she goes next and I'll pay you to put one together for us! Love it!
Question: Can you take it apart? We are moving soon and would love to have it in our next home as well.
Post a Comment