Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happenings

First, we had a mouse episode.  We had a space around one of our pipes in our basement, and a little group of mice decided to move in on a nice cold day.  I grew up in a house bordering an empty field, so mice in the house is not an entirely unheard of concept.  However, KT had some serious issues.  Serious.  I thought the whole woman-jumping-up-on-a-table thing was just an anecdotal exaggeration, but I have now witnessed such actions.  She had the hole foam-filled, house sanitized, and 6 mousetraps set up within the hour.  Amazing.  
Anyway, these mice were obviously new to the whole people thing, so they weren't particularly stealthy or anything.  Just a bunch of country bumpkins trying to make it in the big city.  Within an hour or two of setting traps, we had one.  I caught this little guy the following morning.  It wasn't all that difficult, which was personally disappointing.  KT wouldn't allow me to send him to his maker, so I hiked out into the woods and let him go a considerable distance away.  We caught another later that same day, and haven't seen any signs of any more since, no matter how much the little ones wish it otherwise.


There's been a lot of Greenfield Village'n goin on with us, KT is trying to get her $'s worth out of her season pass.


Are we surprised that I stuck in a forest shot?  I'm really going to miss living next door to the woods.


Finally, I had to include this little shot of dinner with the two guys who carried me through the dark part of my life known as Prelim Preparation.  Nate (on the left) won the Baby Poll when Aaron was born, so we owed him a feature on the blog.  I know it's a little late, but congratulations on successfully guessing the birth time of my second son.  Very skillful of you.


Halloween came and went, and we still have all of our teeth.  We got a nice big bag of used costumes recently, and the kids have been enjoying it immensely.


Finally, we went to our friend Lisa's Festival of Lights party the other night, and a fireman made a cameo with his truck.  You know your party's pretty sweet when the fire department has to come!


As a side note (if anyone's still actually reading) we accepted a job in Aachen, Germany.  Kind of a significant side note, huh?  With a side note like that, you would expect much more substance in the rest of the post.  Sorry to disappoint.  

3 comments:

Brad and Tiff said...

HOLY COW! Nice to slip that announcement in there right at the end just to make sure people are still paying attention! Congratulations on the new job! I'd love to hear more details, when do you leave?

Scott said...

Yeah, that was sneaky right? We leave in May. In December, we are going to Utah so that our kids remember what their grandparents look like before travelling very far away, and March and April will be spent in Cleveland. We'll be living out of suitcases like vagabonds for a while: it'll be great!

Krista said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!