Thursday, May 10, 2012

Letter Home


We made it here safe.  We are now in the set up process, which is CRAZY, but going well.  The apartment is gorgeous!  Almost too much so.  We feel like we're imposters...but at least we got a bunch of free old furniture today to counteract the feeling!  :)  And the apartment is large (for a European apartment) and will be very comfortable for visitors, which is nice.

I'm at the library, but our internet has been ordered and you can expect to hear lots from us "within 12 business days."
 
We have 3 rooms completely finished with paint.  The boys room has mattresses and bedding on the floor, but is completely painted a lovely white-blue.  The kitchen is completely built and painted with a light green, except for the cabinets, which need to be hung, and half need to be exchanged for shorter ones at the store.... or just returned.   The playroom is completely painted as of last night with a light yellow.
 
That leaves the living room, large entry way and large bedroom to be painted and set up.
We're getting there!  We actually have a table and chairs that we got for free today along with a bunch of other old furniture.  We are hoping to make them look... not "like-new".... but newer soon. :)
 
I actually rented a big moving van and drove it up to pick up the stuff all by myself.  I was scared to death, but it all worked out.  I only drove down a one way street the wrong way once, and on the wrong side of the street once. :) 
 
Gotta run - my library computer time is up!
Love,
Katie

4 comments:

Harris Family said...

wow good job katie!!! what a great adventure. love to get the updates?!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Send pictures when you can. Glad you are getting all set up that is a lot of work!

Erica P. said...

Hi Katie,
Congrats on the big move. John and I were wondering if this is a permanent thing, or just a couple of years internship? Congrats to Scott on graduating. Enjoy the adventure and exploring the new mountains/forests.
Good Luck,
E, J, and r

Stephanie said...

So cute... what an adventure! You will be such a stronger person and later lounge back in a chair and say, "yeah, I'm awesome."