Here's some odds and ends of our summer -a little mish-mash of random things. :)
We bought a 2004 Opel Meriva after we'd been here about 8 weeks. It's a pretty small car, 5 seats, but has enough room for the double stroller in the back, which I felt was a "must" for a minimum storage space.
Were were therefore really surprised to find out that this car is considered a "mini-van" here. So - I guess we are officially mini-van people!
On a rainy Sunday I visited this little church on Lousberg for a coral concert, which our friends Tyler and Sara are a part of. It was really beautiful a'capella music in this little old church. The way it echoed was gorgeous, and very memorable.
After we bought our car, the boys and I were excited to try out our new found freedom from the bus. We explored the neighboring town in the Netherlands, and found a pretty little hike. You are always sure to see some cows. I love it!
There is also a really nice Labyrinth up on the hill. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete it, and the boys did it twice through. They ran the whole time. Pretty much ran a 10K, I would guess.
There are some fun water obstacles, bridges, statues, and things.
Our little A-man potty trained in record time (day and night at once!) after a fantastic "choo-choo" incentive. 
It took him several weeks to get all the pieces to his train. He still gets wet occasionally, but for the most part, he's dry day and night, and we don't have to remind him to go....he just tells us when it's time.Our landlord offered us the Johannesbeeren from his yard. Some girl friends and I picked them and made jam. Mmmmmm.
Scott has taken up painting, since we are too cheap to buy paintings. :) He made these fun colorful paintings to hang above the boys beds.
Another great way to save money? Haircuts at home! And using a "gelbe sack" to catch hair is another way to save a dime. (They are free for recycling)
No comments:
Post a Comment