Friday, December 14, 2012

Düsseldorf

We went to Düsseldorf for a Stake Primary activity that KT was helping out with, and we decided to make it a family trip.  First, we all went to the aquarium:

Then KT went to the activity and me and the boys walked around downtown.  It was rather chilly, and the Christmas Market was so crowded that we ended up walking around the outskirts of town.  We saw this crazy statue which I believe was commemorating a bloody civil war in Düsseldorf.


Then we found a nice quiet church and just went in to warm up and sat down.  That only lasted about 5 minutes (although it was 5 minutes longer than I would have supposed) so we walked around the church and I told the kids the stories depicted in all of the sculptures all around.  There was practically no one there, so we had a real nice time.  And no one stole our abandoned stroller.  Always a plus.

No comments: