This is way after the fact, but I cleaned out the pics from our tablet and I thought I'd just put a few random pics out from the deep, deep past. These are mostly things we did when we had no camera on us:
I took the kids "camping" in the woods behind our place when we still lived in Michigan. It was a pretty chilly, and crazy windy. Of course it took till about midnight to get the kids to bed. Then the wind was got really strong. There was a dead try that was practically leaning over our tent, so when the wind kicked up I lost my cool and called it a night. I carried the kids into the house and tucked them into bed. I just wanted them to get used to camping, so since they actually fell asleep I still counted it as a win.
Last Easter we were in Cleveland during our more vagabond days. We were living out of suitcases, and Easter took us a bit by surprise. A friend of mine from NASA, Brett, invited us over and his daughter Adia gave our boys the greatest Easter Egg hunt, and she even filled the eggs up with non-candy stuff the keep our kids teeth from melting. It didn't hurt either that they had a huge Thomas and Friends train set. Most awesome!
This is my mud bench that I made in the summer of 2011. Chrissy told me it's still intact, and Jeff even sent me a picture as proof of its further existence. Even though some kids really tried to do some serious damage with what must have been a pipe or baseball bat or something, it is still there. Seriously the coolest thing I've made out of mud.
Last summer I gave Sara a lesson on hair cutting and Tyler was daring enough to let her learn. In order to protect his clothes, we constructed a nice and snug plastic straight-jacket out of the Gelbe Sack, the bags they give you for recycling plastic. By far the best thing I've done with a Gelbe Sack.
And finally, from the distant past of yesterday, we had a nice little Easter activity for primary in the church. They made cookies, cooked lunch, painted eggs, and had an all-around great time. It was pretty funny hearing Timmy talk in German the whole time. He has a slightly different voice when he talks in German. It seems a little more intense and excited, and I think it's because he's mostly learned German in Kindergarten from other kids.





No comments:
Post a Comment