Sunday, October 19, 2014

Croatia Part I

We stayed on a peninsula right outside of Pula, Croatia.  We had a really nice apartment with a view of the ocean, and things couldn't have been better.  The first day we just went to the next peninsula over and just explored.  It ended up being a really good find.  We were in a cool forest/park, then suddenly broke through the trees to the coast, where there was a monument and the kids started working on their bad-guy stink-faces.  Aaron's really got it down!


It was a bit too rough to swim, but we stayed along the coast and did one of my favorite things: looking through tide pools for creatures.  So we went with our trusty sticks, and tried to poke at everything we could.  We found an entertaining little crab that came out of it's hole to attack our sticks.  At the end, we even came out with a few treasures.


We walked further down the coast and came across this rocky beach.  It was a good place for me to do some snorkeling, and the boys had a good time throwing rocks and yelling.  That seems to be a theme of their existence right now: throwing rocks and yelling.


We got out of there while we were still having fun (which was the motto of the trip) and had a nice quiet evening.  That is, until I had a Skype interview with Kansas State.  First interview of the season, and I was really surprised to get something so early.  Luckily, I had a white shirt and tie with me for church, so I was able to huddle in the corner of the apartment where we had reliable wi-fi and talk about how great I am.  An interesting twist while on vacation.

3 comments:

Blogful said...

Hey Kansas. How are you guys today? I just went snorkeling in Croatia today. NBD. You should hire me.

Favorite part of this post, "Throwing rocks and yelling." Ditto over here!

Scott said...

I remember the good old days when it was isolated to just throwing rocks. Then this yelling thing became a hit.

Erica P. said...

Funny thing, John is having Skype interviews overseas now. We will be in time to just switch places. ;)
Croatia looks amazing. Love the rock quarry. Good luck landing that job.