Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Flume

KTs parents are in town, so we went to the Flume yesterday.  It is a little slot-canyon thing, which reminds me of Partnachklamm in Garmish.




Aside from the canyon, there were a lot of huge glacial boulders sitting in the middle of planes, which was really fun.


One funny happening: I noticed 3/4 of the way through that my keys aren't in my pocket.  I looked in all of our bags, then ran back through the trail to find them.  I want all the way back, and turned around to catch up to everyone else.  Right before I caught up to the others, KT calls me to let me know that Aaron has my keys.  He saw them fall out where we had stopped for lunch, and put them in his pocket.  Once he noticed I was gone, he asked KT: "Where is dad?"  "He lost his keys and went back to find them," she replied.  "I have them right here," he says as he pulls them out.  Lesson learned: always put keys where they can be zipped in, and always notify everyone in the group that you have lost something.

It was a great place to go: my only complaints are that it was kind of crowded (lots of tour buses of Chinese and German tourists) and it was expensive ($16 for adults, $13 for kids).  I would probably try to go next time during the week.

No comments: