Saturday, December 10, 2016

Grooming

I taught the boys how to make carbon fiber composites today.  I don't get in the lab much (I do mainly computational work) so Sidd and Christoph helped a lot, and we made a little plate.  I'll include the final part when it is cured.  I'm just grooming them to work for me during high school and college:)
This is A-man cutting the woven carbon sheets.  He couldn't really press down on the cutter hard enough, so his cuts weren't that clean and we were worried that he'd get carbon fibers all over him (which he did).  Work in progress....
This is Mr. Timnus checkin out the part as the resin was flowing through under vacuum. 
As part of the grooming process, I have the boys doing a little programming and trying to get them into robotics a little, so we went to the First Lego League competition and watched for a bit.

1 comment:

Blogful said...

Nice work, Pop. (I've always thought your kids looked more like Katie than you, but that last picture of Timmy is 100% cloning.)