Monday, January 2, 2017
Sphero
I got the boys a Sphero robot (and they pooled their $ together and bought themselves another one). I've done my best to keep it from being just another remote-controlled toy. So we made an obstacle course and had the challenge to get the Sphero to make it through the course. Fist they had to find a relationship between the distance it traveled and length the motor ran for a certain speed, then write the code to make it go through. This video is one of the failed attempts, and I can't find the video for a successful attempt: but you get the idea. I had to really walk them through this. I'd like to just give them a challenge and let them take it away, but I haven't been able to make a challenge that they care about enough yet to not just do it with the remote-control option. Darn remote-control option!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SO cool. Can't wait to see the video. My kids need stuff like this.
Post a Comment