Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day

Great day today: weather was a bit hot and humid, but not too bad.  A nice wind blew, so the mosquito's weren't out in numbers.  Cora, Timmy, and I went on a bit of a hike.  I had to get something in the house so the kids started without me.  When I caught up to them, they were chattin away on the bench I made earlier this week, which was really cute:


On the hike, some of the trail outside of our property is really overgrown, which meant that we had a bunch of hitchhikers.  I had 3 ticks on me, and I pulled about that many off of Cora.  Luckily only one was on her skin and chowin down: the others were just crawling around her clothes.

After we got back, the kids wanted to have a fire and roast bratwurst, which was fine with me:)


We revolutionized our Firepit-Dinner concept by using bricks to put our sticks over the fire without us having to hold them.  This cut down drastically on the burned or dropped food, eating of uncooked food, and general impatience caused by hungry little ones waiting for the laws of heat transfer to make their food edible.  We even played frisbee in between "turnings".  Wish we had thought of this a few months ago!


We bought some breadstick dough at the store, and it made for a fun "Stockbrot"!


We have to hide the marshmallows from Cora until everything else is eaten.  If we are not paying attention, she'll have eaten 3 or 4 marshmallows before we have even given her real food!
In this picture, you can also sort of see my lawn, which is in a really sad state.  It is about 10% grass, 10% moss and mold, 20% mint, 10% rocks, and the rest is various other plants who's exact name remains unknown to me (but they flower quite nicely if you don't mow often, and I don't mow often).  Not sure if the previous owners were going au natural, but it is a real jungle out there.


Anyways, it was a really nice Father's day and I couldn't have asked for much else (except less ticks would be nice, I still keep feeling "phantom ticks" crawling in my leg hair;) )

No comments: