Thursday, August 10, 2017

Blackberries in late summer

Scott picked these from the blackberry bushes that we just found out are in our yard.
They were tiny, sweet and delicious!


This cute girl and I have become good friends this year after meeting at the toddler dance classes, having babies 5 days apart, and exercising together.  We met up at the park and Johnsons Farm for ice cream last week.

Yesterday, we met up with her family again for the Derry Splash Pad and Peach Tree Farm.

We got to meet Blades the Bruins Mascot at the library.

I was inspired by Cade's cooking abilities with few ingredients.  So, even though my fridge and freezer looked like this yesterday.......  (we're gearing up for a trip....can you tell?)


I decided to bake up a storm....but luckily.....not on a camping stove.

I made a quiche

 A squash pie

And an apple pie with apples from our tree.
And I felt so good about using up every OUNCE of fresh food we had. :)

And then my house looked like this



but at least we ate homemade food!

It's Windham's 275's anniversary!  And there are a lot of cool activities over the next couple of weeks!
We went to a little concert at the park where they were serving these treats, as well as ice cream sandwiches and ice pops.

We got this card when Ollie was born and Cora carries it around with her everywhere.
"Where's my heart mom?!"


No comments: