Wednesday, September 13, 2017

First day of Pre-K

Well, actually, this is the third day of Pre-K, because.....third child.  But it will have to do. :)
Robby - she loves the Frozen lunch bag!  We found out that she has to tote a regular sized binder to and from preschool each week, so she had to get a big backpack.  
She chose an Elena of Avalor backpack.  I have no idea who that is, but she loves it, and was wearing it around showing people everywhere we went the week before school started.

Cora and I hiking this morning.  The mushroom by her left foot is from her fairies she says.


Aaron saved up his $$ for a skateboard.  He almost died of anticipation waiting for the mailman to bring it. He says "when I frown it means I am happy."  You can imagine, then, how ecstatic he is here.

Got to see my friend, Karen, in Boston on Sunday!  So fun that she was close by so that we could meet up for a couple of hours, as she lives in Germany.

As a Stake Relief Society, we put together 50 diaper bags with homemade quilts and baby supplies for the refugees who get assigned to Lowell, MA nearby.  

Sadly, there will be no more refugees accepted into the United States this year due to an executive order from President Trump, reducing the promised refugee acceptance from 100,000 to 50,000 this year, but we know they will be put to use in the new year, and hope they bring some comfort to families with new babies and those expecting new babies who are settling into a new life.

Cora got to attend a Princess Birthday party and meet Rupunzel.

Our friends, J & baby L, who was born just a few days before Oliver


L and I hosted a baby shower for our friend, A.  We made her wear the silly ribbons.
 Baby shower brunch: crepes, egg-sausage casserole and fruit salad.

Cora had a great time collecting eggs at our neighbor's house and playing with her Granddaughter, T.
Although, they have two dogs, and Diesel scared her to death.  Afterwards, she said "I want you to buy Maya (the dog) for my birthday, but not Diesel! He barks too much and got some teeth and he tried to bite me."

No comments: