In the Parker family, the number 13 is considered a lucky number for several reasons. So, I thought this shirt that Mike and Baerbel gave him as number 13 was very appropriate for Lucky Ollie!
Last Sunday, we hung these beautiful prayer flags from Napal that Janice (Macha) gave to us. She said that the dorn the beginnings and endings of all the trails in Napal, and had the thoughtful and lovely idea that we could put one at the beginning of our trail.
The missionaries were over for dinner and Skyping with their mothers for Mothers Day. As our family spiritual thought, we read the symbolism of the flags to the kids before we hung them up.
"Traditionally, prayer flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength, and wisdom. The flags do not carry prayers to gods, which is a common misconception; rather, the Tibetans believe the prayers and mantras will be blown by the wind to spread the good will and compassion into all pervading space. Therefore, prayer flags are thought to bring benefit to all.
The prayers of a flag become a permanent part of the universe as the images fade from exposure to the elements. Just as life moves on and is replaced by new life, Tibetans renew their hopes for the world by continually mounting new flags alongside the old. This act symbolizes a welcoming of life's changes and an acknowledgment that all beings are part of a greater ongoing cycle."

I tried my hand at making Wechmaenner again, with a cookie cutter. Much more uniform. :)
I don't know if this is the best of all the Wechmaenner recipes, but the kids sure inhaled them.
I don't know if this is the best of all the Wechmaenner recipes, but the kids sure inhaled them.
We've been enjoying the warm weather very much.
Oliver's favorite "past time" at the moment seems to be
finding his way to an open potty to swish his hand around.
This moment was made possible by Cora for leaving the bathroom door and potty open! Ugh.....
Since this was the 10th time or so, I thought I'd better catch a photo.....beacause hopefully it's the last!
I can't get videos to upload, but I can include a LINK here:
Oliver on the Slide:
Fun with AR Stickers:
Cora the Fairy:
Which Brother will Ollie choose?
Sending our love to all of you!
Katie and Scott







No comments:
Post a Comment