- I ended up steam mopping and bisselling poop off my floors and carpets for about 90 Minutes yesterday.
- We had our water filters replaced, and the company accidentally replaced an arsenic filter with a carbon filter. After they fixed the repair the next day, the system was leaking!
- My 1 year old thought it was funny to fill his mouth with milk and then spit it out on the wall to see how it splashed...over and over again.
- Someone accidentally dropped the tray from the high chair and broke it, so it wouldn't clip on and off the tray anymore (Scott fixed it later! Yay!).
- Oliver has discovered how fun it is to throw objects from the stairs down to the living room..sometimes on my head.
- My life is mostly just a never ending stream of cleaning up and fixing in the children's wake of destruction.
As I was reading "Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day" to Cora, I thought "I'M having a terrible horrible no good very bad day too!" hahaha I could write this same story with different words. "And the water system was leaking, and I hate when the water system leaks! I might as well move to Alaska"
But amidst all that are these sweet important moments. A great conversation with a child. A moment where they help out, just to be nice. Seeing them play happily together for a few minutes. The older kids making Oliver laugh. Holding and comforting one who got hurt. Assuring one that he is loved.
This post from Lisa Jo Baker was great to read and hear a voice saying that nothing is more important right now than doing just what I'm doing.
http://lisajobaker.com/2015/03/moms-feel-unappreciated/?fbclid=IwAR2N1Lm9uwVQ7u3Rgn_ngbSZU6zPlybwmhtUdsKFhOxbyofXy_KvUmHp7oc




2 comments:
We have a dog now who leaves me cleaning noses and paws off the window - every day. She brings in dirt, the hair she looses would make a pullover IF she would actually give me the time to do that - which she doesn't. I thought I left all that cleaning behind when the kids grew out of those stages but ... there you are: the dog also goes through the same ones. I didn't miss them but I would miss the dog's cute nose cheering everyone up and the speedy paws running to everyone to check if they are okay and saying hello with a wiggly, overexcited tail. We, I love that dog and she loves us, me. That's reminds me that it's just - or hopefully - a stage to go through and this love is all that counts :)
big bear hugs, a warm chocolate milk and some chocolate chip cookies with whipped cream and chocolate powder on top just to let you feel better again
Hahaha- that sounds delicious and like a sweet soothing sugar coma! 😂 your puppy sounds darling, and full of love.... And messes..... And you are right, it's sooooo worth it!
Post a Comment