Scott tackled some major house projects so far this summer. I love when he does, but then, it's always accompanied by guilt that he's behind in his work projects. He needs a clone.
(He installed 2 Condensors and 5 Air Handlers in the house. It was a big deal!)
I feel so good when I take the kids out to do something fun, but then, I get home and feel overwhelmed by the chores not done at home, the car cleanup from the outing, the laundry.....forget about putting the kids to bed. I need a clone.
Wouldn't it be lovely? You could clean all day with no kids to interrupt, then switch with your clone the next day and take the kids to do fun things, coming home to dinner and a clean home. That's my dream.
But, the next best thing would be having the kids go to school but not get COVID. That's what we are hoping for right now.
Enough dreaming, here's some pics of when we did manage to get out and see some fun new things:
Beaver Brook State Park
Lake Massabesic (a water shed - no swimming, but a nice walk)
The COVID-19 social distancing has been taking it's toll some days the past few weeks, so I did get to have some nice talks with friends I haven't talked to in a while virtually, on phone and two in person. It was wonderful to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in months and others I hadn't talked to in a year or more.
Allowed Cora to have a playdate with a friend who had also been social distancing, after months of not having any. It was refreshing. She LOVED it!
Swimming a the Swimmin' Hole has been a great way to spend summertime.
This was a fun adventure day. I took the kids to PLUM ISLAND. The state park parking lot was fun, so we didn't get to see the very end of the island, but we found a great observation tower and beautiful beach.
Coming home to a toddler wearing his pajama pants, sisters shirt and a super-hero mask
while watching TV is the cutest! 😂
In Boston last month, an ice cream shop had waffle cones "dipped" in different delicious rice crispies and other cereals. I tried to home make 2 kinds so far. Rice Krispees and & Fruity Pebble Krispees.
The kids were soooo excited. Ollie kept saying "Is that my one?!" Yes, this is yours. "Is that my one?" Yes, this is yours, just let me finish scooping. "Is that my one????"
He couldn't stop asking from excitement.
Now, Aaron and I like to quote him when we are excited. "Is that my one???"
A blanket fort is a popular way the kids spend their time in social distancing.
The studio in town where I have taught yoga for the last two years just got an in-town award for being the best yoga studio. That was cool. :)
Here's some photos of our garden




















No comments:
Post a Comment