Friday, April 2, 2021

Medical week

We got our first COVID vaccine shots (Pfizer) on Wednesday, only a day after we registered for them.  We felt very lucky to get this the last day of March when we thought it would be May before we could qualify.


Before I got the vaccine, I got poison ivy/oak and have spotty rashes all over my body.  Chest, both arms, both legs, neck, back.....all over.  It's an itchy nightmare, but one I am several times familiar with, so I know it will end eventually. 😕  

Lesson for me, shower immediately after gardening, and be covered head to foot if I do any tidying up in the woods.   Scott never has any issues with this.  I don't think he's sensitive to the oil.

Poor Aaron was inflicted as well this week. 
Ever heard of Juvenile Spring Eruption.  Happens to sunexposed ears on cold but sunny spring days in young boys.  Oddly very specific issue!  Very itchy!
Solution:  Wear sunscreen on your ears during those early sunny spring days.

Hope you all are staying or getting healthy!

3 comments:

Blogful said...

So odd! I'eve never heard of that one either. We have lots of poison ivy in our area, but luckily haven't seen it in my yard yet. Hope you are feeling better soon. We got Pfizer this week too!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Joshua has the same thing! It started in Michigan and nobody could diagnose it. Once we got to Utah we went to a dermatologist and that is exactly what it is. He still gets it and he is 14! I'll have to send you a picture of his poor ears when he was like 4. They blistered. Joshua does have a steroid cream too that helps with the itchiness.

Katie Stapleton said...

Oh! Is it just a hydrocortisone?
So weird isn't it?
Why should that cause blisters to get a little sun in spring, right?