Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fat, fat baby

So, we finally did it: we reached the 75th percentile in height and weight. We are so proud of our fat baby. (Not as proud as dan and janet for their whopping 90% ers, but 75% is still a high C, which is a passing grade). All he really wants to do is eat, which means that father/son bonding is a little difficult, because what he wants, I don't got. However, we now believe that his insulating layer of blubber is sufficient enough to take him out into the Michigan winter: hence the full-body, fuzzy-wuzzy cute suit.

Now this movie is a particularly interesting one. I wrote a blog a couple of weeks ago about his shrill cries, and my quest to capture them on film for the public. Well, I finally achieved my goal... or so I thought. I heard him crying, and I rushed upstairs with the camera. He was still at it when I reached his crib, so I started the camera rolling. I was getting it all, I was so excited. Then, I realized that I was filming with the picture camera, not the video camera. The lack of microphone on the picture camera thwarted my attempts: It was all futile. So, in the spirit of failure, I post this video to let you fill in the cries through your own imagination: not that you can do it justice, but it's the best I can do.

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Oh he's just so cute! I REALLY want to hold him and squeeze him. I need to come to Michigan soon. I think big babies are the BEST. You just don't worry about them as much. Ty was huge until he hit six months and now he's a tiny little thing. It makes me worry a bit more, but I think he's just fine.

Katie thanks for your call. It was so good to hear your voice! I did however lose your number so will you email it to me or call me back? My email is jeremyandsonja@aol.com. I'd LOVE to talk to you. So happy you're enjoying motherhood. I just love it!

Sonja said...

what a cute baby! glad to see you both are doing well. Both of us commented and were very impressed with your style of writing. Your post are very fun to read... :)
(Jeremy)

Smoothie said...

fuI had a good chuckle to myself as I used the 'ol imagination. I definitely dig the fuzzy wuzzy suit! I am glad you are enjoying all the 'fun' things of fatherhood. 'Fat' babies do take some of the worry away; however, they kill your back when they are not good sleepers ... Thomas is struggling with the 'ol sleeping through the night.

By the way Jamie & I did our first 'pilates' session this morning in attempt to win back our once good backs & bodies. I thought Katie would be proud to know.

Smoothie said...

that was supposed to start out 'I had a ...' somehow the word verification got in the way