Sunday, January 20, 2008

The first smile!

So we have now entered the era of the first fleeting smiles: we suspected the beginnings of a smile weeks ago, but never had a full-blown smile until g-ma stapleton's silly baby voice. Since then, we've been enjoying a new facial expression, though it's hard to capture a picture because the flash has the tendancy of making him forget his previous gaity.

Here was the crew who came for the baby blessing. My parents on the right, and our Michigan family, Nate and T (L to R) from my engineering program. The blessing was great: Timmy was sleeping the whole time (I personally discourage sleeping during church, but am willing to make an exception for a while).

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that first smile is adorable. Those moments are what makes baby-ing worth it. Congratulations!!!

Angie said...

He is so adorable! Way to go guys! I hope you're enjoying all of your time with him. Let us know if there's anything you need! You can visit us at dodgeparty.blogspot.com
Keith and Angie Dodge

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Yay the happy family! Katie you look amazing! What a recovery in two months already! Congrats on the blessing. It is so much fun! And his smiles are adorable! I took a million pictures trying to get Brylie to smile because I loved it so much! Sounds like you are keeping busy in Michigan! We miss you here! I hope you aren't freezing to death either. By the looks of the picture it doesn't look like its too cold!

Sonja said...

Oh so cute! I'll never forget how you took notes on Ty's blessing and gave them to me later. That meant so much to me! Wish I could have been there for Timmy's. You all look so good and so happy!