Sunday, March 30, 2008

Selling our Son to Science

So, we heard about a study you could volunteer at for the Kinesiology department at U of M for some extra $$. They are testing some treatments for babies with spinda bifida. They need "control group" babies to see what is normal. In one study, they test how many steps a baby can make on a little treadmill while wearing different diapers - or naked!

So, we signed up, and participated in 3 studies last month. Timmy took the most steps naked. :)
And he took the least amount of steps with this get-up on. I call it his "nacho libre" outfit, because he had on stretchy pants and his little belly stuck out.

He seemed to be quite entertained by all three studies.

8 comments:

Alicia W. said...

That will be a fun thing to tell him about when he is older! What an interesting thing to be a part of.

Angie said...

That's awesome. Ann-Marie showed me the pics of Isaac doing it as well. That little get up is awesome! He is so cute.

jamie lynette said...

How fun! I'm pretty sure Timmy's stretchy pants are much cooler than Nachos...because they have Christmas lights on them!

Gosh he is just growing like a weed-what a cutie!

brettandkatie said...

Oh my goodness! Your baby is so cute! Brett and I miss you guys so much! I just found yur blog through Sonja Cox. Come visit our blog sometime! You seriously have an adorable kid!

Amanda said...

Cool! what to help out with Science! Timmy is so cute! Love those 'strechy' pants!

Amanda said...

uumm.i ment to say 'Way to help our with science...'

i'm a total dork.

love ya!

Anna-Lisa said...

I love the pants! At first I thought you were just at a science exhibit holding up a doll!

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious! :) he looks so funny in those pants. how interesting he took the most steps naked. :)

he's big! isn't he only 4 months? way to go with standing! and taking steps!