Timmy went on his first hike today at the Nichols Arboretum at University of Michigan. No picture available, because it was all I could do to get there and back toting him along. It was a nice day, and I wanted to take advantage by doing something fun outside. So at 10:00 this morning, I decided to go... but you mom's probably know how it goes....
10:00 - nap
11:20 - wakes up, change diaper.
I start getting him ready to go, and he cries uncontrollably. I realize he is hungry (a little earlier than he normally is). Feed him.
He poos. I change him. He's tired. Already time for next nap.
12:20 - nap
2:00 - wakes. I'm determined to get him out the door this time, so I have everything ready to go. I feed him, change him again and we're out the door at 2:30.
We get to the trail, and I have to look for a parking spot for 15 minutes. (There is no designated parking, and tons of NO PARKING signs.)
2:45 pm - start hiking
3:00 pm - He's tired and wants a nap again, but I'm hikin'!! I've got to go longer than 15 minutes after all that work to get here! So, I try to fend him off by taking the pack off several times to put his binky in, even asking strangers to do the same a couple of times. He fusses on and off for 30 minutes.
3:30 - I finally decide he's ready to go and let him cry while I make my way back to the car.
4:00 - back at the car and he's finally fallen fast asleep. I try to gently put him in the carseat. Of course, we wakes up and is furious.
4:15 - Back at the house - get him into his crib as fast as I can.
Man - wasn't that....uh...fun? Hopefully it will be more fun as time goes on. I think Scott wonders why I don't just play all day long now that I don't have to work. Hopefully this puts it into perspective. :)
8 comments:
How fun! You're such a great mom. :) Jennifer is having her baby in about a month! I'm not sure if she'll take her little girl hiking though.
That is SO true! I love the play by play. You are the cutest mom, Katie. Wish we lived closer...
I only wish everyone knew how true that daily schedule is. And how unpredictable it can be. And how nothing else gets done most of the time. But how much we love being a Mom!!! Great to know where you guys are on the web!
LOL, I'm sorry that you weren't able to get out of the house earlier. You are amazing.
Isn't that the truth...they are just jealous of us when we get to stay home and they get to go to work. I will have the last laugh when I'm still getting a paycheck and getting to be at home with my little girl all summer...ahh the benefit of being a teacher! But nice job on telling him who's boss! You burned all those calories you would have hiking anyway! Getting a baby ready and out the door is manual labor for sure!
What an accurate play by play! It gets better, though. Really. He'll get older and you'll gain more experience and soon it will only take half a day to get out the door instead of the whole day. I promise.
That hilarious- now that it's over. That is definitely an average day in the life of a stay at home mom.
How true! It is amazing how the day can just "get away" when you have a little one. Love your blog. If it wasn't for you, we probably would not have one.
Post a Comment