Hey all,
unfortunately, you have to put up with my mindless bantor for this post. I'll keep it short for all of our sakes. So I finally downloaded all of the pics from our camera over the last couple of weeks, and I'll just touch on the exciting highlights:
On labor day, we went to Kensington Metro Park. Despite the fact that the return of classes was looming over me like a dark, ominous cloud, we seemed to enjoy ourselves nonetheless. As always, Timmy just hangs out in the backpack and tries to look cute. I think he learned that from me:)

So here's a good one for ya: two weeks ago, there was a small flier which appeared in our church talking about a stake activity at a farm and a promise of "friends, family, and fun." Sounds good right? So we went. Well, when we got there, it seemed that there weren't that many families for a mormon activity and something just seemed a little different. One of the first things we did was play some "get to know you" games, and the whole thing smelled a lot like a single's ward activity. Well, turns out that we indeed crashed a stake singles ward activity. I didn't feel too bad about it because we contributed by bringing some apple juice. Na ja, at least we got to see a llama!
On to more current events: today, KT ran 10 miles for her "I'm training for some unknown running event where I will run some undetermined distance" Saturday run, and she was pretty wiped out the rest of the day. She did manage to muster just enough energy to take us to the UofM Botanical Gardens, where we took darling pics of timmy. Not sure why we had to go to a botanical garden to do that, but I guess you need a backdrop.
Well, now on to the reason for such an odd blog title: If you haven't had any close contact with the T-man in the past 5 months, you don't realize how much drool the little one can actually produce. It astounds me that his body can produce that much drool: It seems that somehow more liquids leave his body then enter it. I think that his body can somehow convert random, unedible floor objects (which he somehow manages to eat) into drool. This would probably balance the intake with the outake mass. Maybe I should do my thesis on that?
On that note, here's a few cute Timmy pics:
Yes, we know that a camera in the bathroom isn't the most hygenic of choices, but we washed our hands, eventually. Anyway, we've been casually tryin to do this thing called EC, where you basically train your child to go to the bathroom in the potty from the getgo. We aren't quite as dilligent as the critically acclaimed book would like us to be, but we've been stickin him on the little plastic pot before and after naps about 2 out of 3 times. Well, it seems to be catching on, because maybe 4 out of 5 times, he actually goes. Additionally, we can tell when he's going to bust a number 2, so we can rush him of to the crapper instead of preserving it in a nasty diaper so that we can enjoy it later. Probably the best thing about it is that he is really comfortable on the can, and we hope that potty training will be a lot easier because of this. Really, the only drawback is that I often forget to keep the tail of his onsie out of the way, and he relieves himself all over it. Enjoy the potty pic:


8 comments:
Cute pics of Timmy. What a doll he is. Well, handsome doll--some tough manly term. Way to go on the running, Katie! I am jealous. I aspire to two miles.
Hey Katie and Scott! I found this link on Janette's page and thought I'd check out your blog and say hi. Timmy is adorable! Glad you guys are doing well.
Looks like he will be trained before mine who will be 2 in Nov. Good parenting skills. Mine like to sit, wipe and flush but nothing comes out. At least I have 3 out of the 4 things.
Katie!! Timmy is sooo cute and so big now! Is he really being potty trained? So young and so smart! :)
Yes, from the time he was 2 mos-8 mos, we just put him on it after a nap like 1-2 times a day.
Lately he has really caught on and consistently goes about 5 out of 6 times we put him on the potty. You can tell that he knows what he's supposed to do there. It's cute :)
So now we put him on the potty before and after naps and bedtime. (About 6-7 times/day)
On Monday he was dry until 4 pm! He went like 6 times that morning on the potty, and kept his diaper dry!
awww...he's so cute!! i can't believe you all were at a singles activity! that is so funny. i love it! :)
(just saw on one of the comments that the name JANETTE is spelled the same way my mother spells her name. she says it's hard to find people to spell it that way.)
She's from the Netherlands...maybe the spell it traditionally that way in Europe.
He's getting so big! I can't believe it! You guys sure have a cute kid. Miss you guys. Glad to see you guys are doing well.
Just thought I would drop you a line and say hello!
Post a Comment