Fort Mackinac
There are no automobiles allowed on the island, so there are bikes, pedestrians and horse carriages galore. How very quaint, eh?
The old refurbished and "touristy" buildings reminded me of Skagway, AK.

Wendy's son is named Benjamin :)

Here's us 4 on the main street walking to the race start.

Abby Road?
Here is the catholic church - so pretty! It had some lovely stained glass and was just a beautiful site from the ferry and during the race, overlooking the city from above.
Here is us after the race. I was about dead from fatigue, and had eaten about 2 too many cookies. :) They were out of bananas, water and propel after the race, so I ate a ton of cookies and granola bars.
We walked (hobbled?) back through town and up to the grand hotel. This is Main Street.
The Lakeshore Dr. The public school is on this street. They have such a beautiful playground and view!
The view from The Grand Hotel

The Grand

Garden at the Grand

The long porch at the grand hotel. It was the longest covered porch in the world for many years.

Inside the hotel

The Grand Hotel

Local Stone Church

The ferry dock.
Wendy's my hero! A gust of wind literally ripped my ferry pass out of my hand. She jumped in the lake after it to rescue it for me, completely soaking her shoes! What a friend!
Bye Mackinac!!
11 comments:
Katie, I am so glad the race is done and that you had such a good time. I hope to see you soon so I can hear more about it in person. What a great trip!!
Oh and congrats on finishing. What an accomplishment.
brian's family ALWAYS talk about mackinac!!! when we go there, (hopefully sometime soon) they are taking me there. so i am so excited.
elizabeth Q. told us in primary how she went to MI and Canada. how awesome you got to see them! :)
Wow...the island looks gorgeous! It looks like you had a fabulous time. Congrats you did it!
Congrats on the race, that is awesome! It looks like you had a great time with friends. It is always nice to have time away, even if you did have to run a half marathon.
What a beautiful place! I must add that to my list of places to go. Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Fun to see your pictures! Congrats on finishing your race. How fun to have a girls' weekend.
Katie,
Please email me at benjen@xmission.com. We made our blog private--just need your email if you want to be able to look at it. Thanks!!
That looks like so much fun. How long was the race? It loks just so pretty there. Good for you for staying active.
It was a 1/2 marathon. I about died because I was 11 weeks pregnant. (Hee hee...we'll see if anyone reads this comment. :)
Yup. Read the comment...then again I already knew. ;) CONGRATS!!!!
Post a Comment