Friday, July 17, 2009

The Met and the Blackout

Just as we were leaving the house for our Metropark walk today, the power went out. It's gone out for a few minutes lately during storms, so I left, thinking it would be on again when we got back.
As we walked down Lorain Rd, there was an ambulance out to get a lady from the elevator shaft at a nearby apartment complex. I was REALLY glad we were not in the elevator when it went out. In fact, there were police and ambulance being dispatched all over the place as we walked.

While out, the clouds started rolling in, so I started back for the apartment (we were about 30 minutes away.) We made it back to the apt just as the rain started to POUR. Power still out. I got the kids to sleep, and on it came! Yay! It had been out for 3 hours. I was relieved when it came back on, because I was beginning to think our food would go bad in the fridge if it lasted a really long time, and that we would roast from lack of A/C.

Here's some lovelies of the Metropark walk we take. I love the walking path to get in. We can always here the birds chirping, and the folliage is particularly thick at the beginning, and very rainforest-like.





2 comments:

Harvey Family said...

What a beautiful place to take a walk!

The Stapletons said...

Looks lovely. Seeing all those trees reminds me what a desert we live in.