Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to A2

We made it back home on Saturday. The boys are doing really well with the adjustment back. Timmy didn't seem to recognize the old place until the next day. He was so excited to see all his "new" old toys and books. Scott put together his blue racecar toddler bed, and he slept in it that night. He kept pointing to his bedspread and saying "Car"&"vroomm." (Thanks Aunt Janet and Uncle Dan!) So far, he has slept in it 4 nights in a row. He has gotten up once each night to cry for a bit, but he doesn't get out of the bed. I think once we give him a few more nights, he'll get used to it.

Sunday, Timmy went to nursery without ANY crying! First time since we left that he would do that. I think it was a combination of 1. recognizing his old crew, 2. earlier church time (not during nap time), and 3. the great leaders there, who somehow managed to get 20 nursery kids SILENT for the prayer. I was totally AMAZED! You could hear this little girl clearly whispering the prayer even though she was saying it very softly.

We are almost all settled back in. After I sort yet another round of baby clothes, and get them packed away, I think we will be back on a schedule.

4 comments:

amydear said...

Have fun enjoying another school year in Ann Arbor! I'm sure we'd hardly recognize the ward now, but it's fun to keep up! I remember sorting through baby clothes all the time to keep up with how fast they grow!

Michelle said...

What a cute baby! He already looks so big!

Angie said...

Welcome back to Ann Arbor! I wish we were there to greet you guys. That's awesome that he's going to nursery so well. Hopefully he will keep it up! How much longer do you guys have there?

Stapletons said...

We'll be here two years for sure. Maybe a year longer if it would put Scott in better standing to publish more. But, who knows??? Some people say that and take another 3 years! :)