I am so proud of him. He just stayed in his bed and tried to sleep, even though I'm sure he was just laying there listening to the baby cry the whole time....enough for many adults to want to leave the room.
Timmy is such a sweet kid. He just has such a gentle disposition and is so patient most of the time. BUT....He's definitely getting into the age group where he realizes that other kids have toys he wants and take toys he's playing with, and it bothers him. Anyone have any great tips for toddlers learning to share? What to you do when your kid pushes another kid out of his way when he wants a toy?
7 comments:
Wow--that is awesome that it's working for them to sleep in the same room--good luck with that. We were finally going some sleep training for Ava, but then she got sick and it threw it all off. Is Aaron sleeping through the night?
I'm finally catching up on reading blogs. How are you? I can't believe how grown up Timmy is! I couldn't figure out where you guys were this summer, but it looks like you had tons of fun! We miss you!
I started buying double of toys :)
I'm inspired by your room sharing. I'm really interested in getting my girls to bunk together, but am nervous about the baby waking up the older, like you said. Now I might be brave enough to give it a try.
Sharing is a constant trouble. I usually set a timer or time limit, like you get it for one more minute, then someone else needs a turn.
Kiffer is still learning to share...sorry, no ideas! I have noticed that it's easier to share when you're not at your own house.
Double toys would be so awesome!
Oooo I like the timer idea. I've been counting to 10, but that just seems a little ridiculous when I've already done it 5 times, and I'm ready to stop, but the kids still want their turn.
Aaron is sleeping 7 pm - 8 am, with two feedings at 10 pm and one at 6 pm. I "wake" him for both feedings. If I don't, he'll wake at 3 am. And if I don't feed him before I go running, Scott has to endure the wrath IF he wakes up before I get home. :)
Katie, if you get any good feed back about sharing. Send it my way. That is one I am trying to figure out with Brookie.
I am glad the sharing room thing is going so good!
Most of the time I let them duke it out (Joshua and Abby I mean) If one of them decides to share all is good, if they keep fighting then I take the toy away and nobody gets to play with it. Not sure it would work with other peoples kids stealing the toys. Good luck.
Post a Comment