Wednesday, February 24, 2010

FIRSTS

We had two exciting and one depressing "first" today.
Aaron grabbed the crib while he was sitting on the changing table and pulled himself up to standing!

Timmy said an ENTIRE prayer all by himself! We said "Father" and he just went "Father in heaven....bless"....and kept going....all the way to "Jesus Christ. Amen." We were amazed!

and finally
the depressing first

I got my first gray hair. ugh. A little short one right above my temple. At least Scott has already had a few. If I had been first it would have been much more depressing.

7 comments:

The Vocana's said...

Sorry about the grey hair, and I hate to tell you this but redheads have grey hairs from the time they are toddlers, so Scott's grey hairs may not be genuine, just part of being a red head. :)

emily said...

wow....i can't believe you made it all the way to thirty before getting a gray hair!!!! mine started about 27...oh yeah, when my life exploded. maybe had it been serene for awhile i could have held off until 29. ha ha.

Powell's Place said...

um, I've already had several gray hairs, and I'm about 7 years younger than you! Maybe it's the dark hair and I can just see them better? But if you pull them out, they grow in more coarse the next time, so mascara is a great cover up if one happens to be right in plain sight! Congrats on holding out so long!

Inga said...

Yeah for timmy and aaron! Booo for gray hair ... I've had a few (but don't tell anyone).

Liz said...

Well after this year, I count 7 or 8 every time I part my hair - which ever way - I haven't pulled them out, I figure I earned them.

Megs said...

I just plucked aout 7 from one spot the other day!! Awesome. I am so not ready to start coloring my hair. I love little kid prayers. It is so fun to see what they choose to say.

The Stapletons said...

You're not alone- gray hair is why I'm now getting highlights.