Sunday, February 14, 2010

Friday night date

Just thought I'd post a warning to any of you who think small theatre sounds really fun for a date. Beware. Scott and I went to see a small production entitled "Barbara's Wedding" about a washed up actor and his wife who live next to Barbara Streisand. We basically paid $20 to get sworn at for 70 minutes. Scott affectionately calls it our "F-date" or right afterward said "This was an F-ing good date" :)

We could not understand how saying the F word so many times could pass as comedy. However, in a 40 person theatre, with the exits in front....practically on stage, it's difficult to slip out of a play like that. We thought they should have carded us at the ticket office to see if we were 18, and warned us the the show was (or should have been) rated R. Just to be safe, we suggest now sticking to high school plays, the children's theatre, or familiar titles!

1 comment:

Anna-Lisa said...

Bummer! I seriously would have left and made a big scene about it too. And then, I would have gone to the ticket office and asked for my money back! What an f-ing date!