So I'd like to introduce you all to "Lamby". Lamby's seen better days, much better days. He joined our family as a gift to Aaron from our friends Emre and Meltem. Lamby is filled with lavender, which makes him smell wonderful, and causes Aaron to smell really good at least once in the day after cuddling with Lamby. Well, there was a "poo incident" and Lamby's lovely lavender scent was not prevalent enough to overcome the effects of said incident. So he was banished to the top of the washing machine to await further judgement. Later that week, the rather ignorant and unthoughtful man of the house caught a whiff of Mr. Lamby, and threw him into the wash along with the rest of the whites, not really considering the consequences of placing a stuffed animal filled with lavender seeds into the wash. Realizing his mistake sometime during the rinse cycle, he quickly stopped the machine and pulled out a very slimy little lamb. Hoping to avoid disclosing his error, he left the lamb out to dry and forgot about him. Well, as the crazy scientist guy in Jurassic Park taught us so poignantly, "Life finds a way." Even in the belly of a lamb. The autopsy showed that poor Lamby was filled with a layer of dried seeds, followed by a very moist layer of moldy lavender sprouts. Yummy. Don't worry though, Lamby has been cleaned out pumpkin style, had a non-organic washing, and will be enjoying a new synthetic stuffing as soon as the perpetrating husband gets around to going to the store. So continues the epic story of a brave Lamby...
Since I wasted all of my time with the drawn out lamb story, I'll have to restrain myself to merely skimpy commentary on the canoeing trip. We went canoeing. Gallop Park. Huron River. It was fun.

Last of all, I'd like to leave you folks with a word of advice: if you ever want to ask me to prom, I know a surefire way to do it.....

... I'd say yes, wouldn't you?
3 comments:
Poor lamby - I'm amazed that you are going to try to fill it again! Though I might....I might also even try to find lavender seeds or something else that has a nice scent, maybe bacon?! (just kidding, really)
Mmmmm....bacon smelled baby. ha!:)
Love the lamb story. I was giggling the whole time.
Post a Comment