I'm sorting through the miles of papers I've saved from the last 5 years worth of Relief Society Activities and other conferences, and I keep seeing some great tips. But....I've got to get rid of my papers!
So - I'll record a few good tips here to remember:
Nutrition:
Add flax seeds to yogurt (or a smoothie) for more Omega 3's
Have everyone help plan the menus for dinner at Family Home Evening on Mondays. Even though everyone will have different tastes, make sure each person will have at least 1 thing on the table that they like (broccoli, rolls, etc.)
For good conversation at the dinner table:
1.Ask each night "What was the worst thing that happened today? and What was the best thing that happened today?" You might also ask "What do you know now that you didn't know yesterday?"
2. Have a conversation jar with topics or questions to spur on discussion.
3. Teach a principle (love, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, etc)
Table Manners:
Teach your kids table manners by having a set of "bunny dishes" (special dishes) Only bring out those dishes when you have a "romantic dinner" and everyone gets to practice using their very best manners.
Financial:
You are entitled to One Free Credit Report from each credit reporting company per year. (Advertised credit reports are NOT free) Check once a year at Experian.com (TX), Transunion.com (PA) or Equifax.com (GA).
Spiritual:
Focus on having a soft heart. Someone with a soft heart wants to understand, takes time to connect with people, is patient and peaceful. Someone who has a hard heart is defensive, easily offended, wants to justify themselves and their actions, and are unable to be truly happy for others.
1 comment:
Every day at dinner we ask the girls what the best part of their day was and what was the worst. This is especially nice when they are in school because then you can see what they like and don't like about school
Post a Comment