He was excited this year about his birthday. He really "gets" the it's-your-special-day idea now. So, even though we are moving and have lots to do, on Friday I decided I was going to go for it, and do the party thing. I'm glad we did, because Timmy was so happy, and felt so special.
Here are some photos of his day and party:
We had some dressups for the kids. Timmy's favorite is this Mortal Combat outfit WITH an Incredibles mask. :)
Our sweet friend, Lisa, sang some welcome songs for the kids, and made a darling little bunt cake for Timmy, a special Germany family recipe.
Aaron was spider man, and liked the "obstacle course."
Sunyoung took photos for us, which was fantastic, because at the end of the party, I only had 2 videos and 1 picture on my camera!Our friends, the Brashers helped set up food and hang the sign up HIGH. Thank you!!
Singing Happy Birthday to Timmy.
I've never seen him so happy! We got a good reaction from him when he found out that all these friends came just to wish him a happy birthday. He was beaming.
He was so thrilled about his cake and birthday cupcakes, that got upset when all the kids started eating "his" cake. Uh-oh. :)After a lite dinner, cake and ice cream, we tried to do a little lantern walk outside. The lanterns were so pretty, but it was cold and snowy. So, we huddled by the door and Lisa told us the story of Sankt Martin (the patron Saint who shared his cloak with a poor man who had none) and about the lantern symbolizing hope, and treating others as we would treat Christ.
Thank you for all the cards and gifts! Timmy LOVED the stickers the Vocanas sent, and shared them with all his friends. Everyone was requesting "I want an Elmo one." "I want a Cookie Monster one!" And he loved reading his cards, and the shirt Macha and Papa Tim sent. He also got a Cars game, two star wars figurines, some M&Ms, and dinosaur sponges in capsules. He is in heaven!
Timmy had a great time, and felt really special for his birthday. Thanks to all his friends and family for remembering him and for celebrating with us!
2 comments:
Thank you Timmy for being such a wonderful friend to us all. We had a great time at your party and enjoyed ourselves. Emma loved loved loved all the icecream. She was talking about it all evening...
Happy Birthday, Timmy! It looks like you are getting ready to say goodbye to Ann Arbor? I'm guessing the Germany job is where you are headed. Good luck! We miss you, and Ann Arbor!
Post a Comment