It's nice to be in a routine again, and to experience "typical" Saturday's again. We first went to Aaron and Timmy's Kindergarten, and visited their Sommerfest (Summer Festival). It was all about the senses, and this little station was supposed to teach them about how things felt. The main point of us going there was to get the little one's used to the school and teachers so that they won't go into shock when they start school in Aug. It'll be hard enough for them to go into an enviroment where no one speaks english.
Then we drove an hour or so to Düsseldorf to the Stake Center for the Stake Primary Activity. It was a pioneer celebration, so the kids were supposed to dress-up like poineers. I made my typical cereal box cowboy hats, and KT bought some string and I twisted it into some thick rope for suspenders. Unfortunately, the string ended up being horse hair, and pretty much stunk up anything it came in contact with. At least we felt that they smelled very authentic.
As a side note, our check oil light went on on the way down. In our experience (one of relatively old and inefficient cars) the check oil light was usually translated as: "Hey dummy, you better stop your car right now and beg for oil because everything is going to seize up and explode in a matter of seconds." Howver, as we now know, among the germans it simply means "Excuse me kind sir, but I would like to advise you to consider getting your oil changed in the next few months." In a panic, we pulled over and I checked the oil, fully expected to see a thirsty dipstick and splattered oil all over the place. It looked fine. Under the hood, there was a tag that said the last time the oil was changed was January 2011. Apperently, they also change the oil either once a year or once every 30,000 kilometers. That goes in direct opposition to the 3 months / 3000 mile advice I used to give at the shop, but I guess times are changing for the better.
Anyway, heere are some pictures of the primary activity, with a little puppet show and dance that they have. And yes, the boys both danced with the same girl. I hope this is not a trend, or things could get mighty ugly a few years down the road.
And here they are filling thier "wagon" and going on a trek. The sister did a special little english session just for them, and they really enjoyed it.



No comments:
Post a Comment