''Mom, did you got holes in your ears?''
Aaron is fascinated with my earrings and the fact that I have an actual hole in my ear. To be honest, it is kind of strange that we do that, isn't it?
''Mom! We got the keys! ....... AHHHHHHHHHH!''
The boys think it's funny to play with the keys in the doors, which they know is NOT allowed. And then come and tell me that they have them, and then scream and run away.'' I just ignore them and wait until they are bored and ask them to put them back.....however, if they lose one, they ARE in big trouble. The keys are over 50 years old and cost at least 50 Euros to replace.
''When I die, you will call the ambulance,'' Aaron says tauntingly.
''Aaron! Please don't say things like that!''
''Timmy will die next week, and you will call the ambulance.''
''No one is allowed to die for the next 80 years!'' I say.
Aaron has been really interested in the ambulance, ever since we saw a huge yellow emergency helicopter land in the gas station behind our home 2 weeks ago. There were also ambulances and a fire truck. Apparently someone had to get picked up there.
We could hear it as it approached and got louder and louder, until we looked out the window of the kitchen, and....whoa!!....there was a helicopter hovering over our backyard! Ever since then, Aaron has been talking about getting a ride in the ambulance and the life-flight. Every time he gets a bump, he says I need to call the ambulance, or that I need to take him to the doctor.
''TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMM!!!'' (Imagine a low pitched voice climbing higher and louder)
A huge fight about to ensue is prefaced with this warning. The boys play really really well together...until...well....they don't. Depending on the day, they might play happily together for 2 hours, OR they need me every 15 minutes to break up a fight. Overall, I would say that it's been a huge blessing how well they play together since we got here. I think that school will be a huge adjustment for them to learn to play nicely with other kids who aren't used to the way they play with each other. But inevitably, the happy play time ends with this word.
No comments:
Post a Comment