We haven't really been doing anything special lately, just going on some walks. Last Sunday we checked out our neighborhood, Laurensberg. We found a little soccer field next to a school, and we saw these boys playing soccer on the pavement in their socks. I don't know why, but it kind of looked fun. Anyway, Aaron wanted to join in, so he went over to their shoes and put his in the pile. This story isn't really that funny now that I'm actually telling it, but it was funny at the time.
So I went for a big walk with the boys today. I was looking for a place to play soccer and volleyball, but I didn't really find anything good. I just walked around and let the kids goof around, it was nice. I got a nice little kid crack pic and they got to sport their favorite soccer uniforms in the standard cofiguration: backwards. I think they like to see the number and name, so they make sure to put that part in the front. People seem to be pretty amused by it. The highlight of the day was walking across the bridge over the train tracks. We not only saw trains, but trains carrying cars. Seriously, what could be cooler for a 3 year old boy than a combination of the greatest things in the world: cars and trains.
Just a few funny things that I saw around town. I always wondered what storm troopers look like after hours!!
Finally, my children have become a plague to all pigeons in the city of Aachen. Ever since we let Aaron go loose near the Tower of London last fall, he's been bitin at the bit to take it to the pigeons. I've been holding him back, because I wasn't sure what the German public reaction would be to my children tormenting these flying citizens of their cities. However, all of the people I asked consider them to be the rats of the air, so I've given them a free license to go to town with the pigeons. They haven't actually caught one yet, but I believe that the day is not far in the future.




No comments:
Post a Comment