So I'm the young men's leader at church here, and we just had pretty much the coolest activity ever. It's called a "Kletterwald" (translation: climbing forest), and it was pretty dang awesome. So we got full-body harnesses with a few lead lines and a pulley, a few minutes instruction, and los!
There were 12 courses, each rated for their difficulty. There was a lead cable that you had to keep at least one of your lead lines attached to, and you had to get around all of these crazy obstacles. There were hanging crates, logs, benches, chairs with pulleys, and a ton of zip-lines. What made the whole thing even cooler was that the it was in this cool forest with ferns all over. I performed a little self-analysis about why I like ferns so much, and I think it originates from Star Wars. The forest of Endor was covered with ferns, and who didn't dream about living in those tree houses with the Ewoks. Seriously, I love ferns.
So at the very end, when our arms were about to give out, we did the hardest course: #12. It was pretty rigorous and pretty high off of the ground. One of the highlights was a bicycle on a bridge that's tethered onto a cable. I couldn't go very far without wussing out, but I'm sure someone can do it.
Anyway, if you come visit us between March and October and you have 20€ to spare, we should definitely go. I'm still sore. That means it was cool.


5 comments:
Looks pretty awesome.
I'm jealous, looks amazing!
Our zoo just put one of these up for little kids to adults. Now I am really going to have to try it, though your pictures make yours look way more fun. What's with the bike??
So the bike is tethered to a cable, and you have to go out on the bridge, bring the bike back, and try to ride it across the bridge. I was able to go about 3 or 4 cycles pedaling before I wussed out and grabbed the cable above. That one was really tough. I wonder how safe they are with the one at your zoo: do they have someone checking your lines at every junction, or is it unsupervised like this was?
Post a Comment