Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Aaron says...

"I'm a'posed to..."
"Ma'am" instead of Mom.  He screams "MAAM!" when we sees me picking him up from school and runs into my arms.
"Diss side doesn't has any tags" (pants, undies, shirt)
"I wanted you"  (I want to stay with you)

He always puts his dirty hands on my face and while telling me what happened at school, sticks his fingers into my teeth, and pushes my face together while saying "And mom!  And mom! And mom!" To get my attention
Every day after school he tells me about a time that he got in a fight, or fell down, or a teacher told him a rule.....and it always ends with "And I cried for you, but you wasn't there!"

We have a "family bed" going on right now. Boo-hiss.  50% of the time, we wake up with one or two boys in our bed with us...which means we wake up to a foot in the face, or an arm slapping across the face.
If we don't wake up with someone in the bed, Aaron usually wakes me up by coming and asking me to play or have breakfast.  Usually I can convince him to snuggle with me while I sleep for an extra 1/2 hour before it's time to get up.  He's turned into a cuddly kid.

Aaron has several friends now in Kindergarten.  Leon, Gabriel, Maximillian......but his favorite right now is Shilanzo.  He has a hard time saying the name "Shilanzo," so he just calls him "my brown friend."  When I picked Aaron up this week, Shilanzo was sharing his chocolate snack with Aaron.  No wonder he likes him best of all!

Aaron has started speaking German.  He mixes English and German together.  For example:
"You have schon"  (You already have some)
"I have noch eine!"  (I have another one)

Timmy says....

Timmy says lots of full sentences in German, and I notice that especially at school he can say quite a lot!  He repeats sentences over and over in German and laughs to himself.  He finds it pretty funny to speak German.  

However, sometimes it's tiring.  A few Sundays ago he said quite exasperated after church "I don't want to hear ANY MORE DEUTSCH!"

Yesterday I asked Timmy who he played with at Kindergarten, and without skipping a beat he exclaimed "Osmann, und Leon!"  Usually he says "I don't know", so I was excited that he knew his friends names.  When I asked him to describe his friends, Timmy said about Osmann, "He has a dark face."  When I asked about Leon, he and Aaron started making noises like a Fire Engine and said "That's what Leon says!"

Today I went hiking with the boys at Kindergarten.  They have a Waldtag once a week, and they go hiking for 5 hours!  They take a couple stops to play and eat, but they actually go quite far!  The kids like to slide down the muddy hills...which answered my question about why all the kids wear rainpants, even when it's not raining!

Timmy was really interested in the other kids, and enjoyed making huts out of big sticks with the kids and teachers by going stick hunting and placing the sticks up against the trees.  Even though it started raining for a while, both of the boys didn't mind at all.  Both thought the hike was rather long.  Aaron wanted me to carry him, and Timmy wanted to go home, but in the end they both made it, and had a lot of fun!

No comments: