I had another Saturday with the kids, so we headed to Köln.
Kölner Dom: huge!!!
Cool little fountain outside of the Dom. We played around there while we snacked on some Bavarian pretzels.
As we were walking around the city square, there was an old lady throwing around bread bits. I'm sure she just likes to see all of the birds happy, but my kids just went crazy. It was like a feeding frenzy for sharks. Aaron was running into people, and he didn't really know where he was going, he was just focused on the birds. I got some nice shots of the pure joy in his face as he tried to catch a pigeon. It was one intense 40 minutes. I ended up grounding Timmy, because I couldn't keep track of two kids running senselessly in a huge crowd of people.
Then we played in this little fountain. Of course, they got soaked. And of course, the clouds came out and it started to rain. Some well-meaning old ladies stopped to tell me that I'm a bad father.
So I stripped them down and wrapped them in my sweaters and they went to sleep.
On the way home, our train was late and we got yelled at by a drunk man. The trip isn't really complete without an irritated drunk guy.


No comments:
Post a Comment