So last Saturday, KT was actually free of all possible obligations, so she forced us all out of the house and dragged us out to Königswinter, which is right outside of Bonn. There we took a train up to a castle on the oldest cog train in Germany. We got all the way up there, and lo and behold, it was mighty foggy. Mighty foggy. We had a beautiful view of evaporated water. Boo.
So we headed back down and went to the aquarium, Sea Life Park.
Then when we got out, lo and behold, the clouds had lifted and there was a frosty blue sky. It was starting to get late, but we decided we wanted to salvage our castle trip and give it another try. They wouldn't give us a free ride up to the top, so we decided to do it the old fashion way: zum Fuß. I doubted whether the kids would make it, but KT was full of faith. We made it, but not without a lot of coaxing and crying and carrying. But it was worth it. Drachenfels (Dragon Rock): check. Check indeed.



3 comments:
We hiked Drachenfells in the rain in May when Joshua was 6 months old. We had to use the nice little restaurant at the top to get warm water for his bottle (and we tried to dry out). Sounds like it is always foggy/rainy there.
Yeah! It's pretty rainy in our neck of the woods. :)
Hey Katie! It has been forever since I've talked to you! After I finished my internship with MediFit and graduated I quickly went back to school to pursue an associates' degree in nursing. I worked as a RN at the University of Utah hospital for 3 years in rehab. Then in April 2011, I moved to Orlando, Florida once I got married to my amazing husband Josh DiMambro.
So, I would love to catch up with you. I was wondering if you could email me so I could have a better way to stay in touch? I can't find you on facebook. My email address is jwilson1234@gmail.com.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Jacqie
Post a Comment