So we celebrated our first Karnival last week, and it was crazy. I wasn't a huge fan of the whole everyone being drunk for multiple days thing, but I got 2 days off work and we got a vast amount of candy. We went to the Lüth's house in Mausbach, and saw the parade. The floats were pulled by tractor and the occupants threw out candy, sometimes in quite a violent candy-throwing way. The kids made bank, way better than Halloween (although we confiscated most of it, and we're trying to release it into their systems in a more controlled fashion).
The aftermath:
The next weekend the kids and I were booted out of the house while KT prepared for a mondo baby shower. We went into the city and, to the enjoyment of all passer-bys, Aaron was donning a stick-on mustache from Timmy's pirate party. I caught many people stealing a double take: unsure if they really saw what they saw. A little dude with a mustache. Doesn't get much awesomer than that.
Then we spent over an hour at a slide. I couldn't believe it, an hour at a single slide. Nothing else to entertain us, just a slide. Crazy.
And here's a little clip of what we did over, and over, and over again.
The next day, KT was jealous of our downtown funness and we went back and flew paper airplanes from the top of the stairs at the Rathaus. A little windy, but there's potential there for a really fun summer activity.





No comments:
Post a Comment