Saturday, May 3, 2014

Tag der Arbeit: the aftermath...

 We went to some caves in  Remouchamps, Belgium today.  The tour was in Dutch, which was kind of boring.  It is similar enough to German that we could get the gist of  what he was talking about, but not enough to find anything actually interesting.  But it was a nice cave, and half of the tour was a cool boat ride through underground rivers.  I was trying to get a picture from the boat, but as I was lining up a picture I almost got my head taken off so I decided best to go pictureless on the boat.  After my near miss on the boat, I think all the rest of the people were taunting me in Dutch.  No idea what they were saying, but it was definitely taunting.  I unfortunately probably just solidified the stereotype of the dumb American.

And just to make sure that squimish people permanantly stay out of our blog:: day 3 of the finger.  It is nearly impossible to successfully change a baby with a poopy diaper without being at 100% tactile capacity, so I got my wrappings ripped off while trying.  Here is what it looked like, enjoy:

2 comments:

Blogful said...

What the wha?? OUCH!!

Scott said...

Now in hindsight I wish I had done it all myself:the er guy really butchered it.