OK - here's an overview of kind of what we did from September - October
Hanging out together at the apartment indoor basketball court. The go-to rainy activity.
The kids and I visited the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard one warm late-summer night. They had a bonfire that night with people in a drum, circle and sold smores. The bonfire got CRAZY HOT and huge! They had to use the fire truck hose to battle it from starting a wildfire.
We met up with our dear friends from Graduate School, the Jones and Powell Families. A very happy reunion in a VERY busy aquarium, on Veteran's Day. Would love to go again on a school day. :)
The Giant Sea Turtles were the COOLEST! See one?
Our only overnighters since we moved here have been camping. Scott took the boys spontaneously one night camping at a local state park.
The other time was the first weeken in October. We spent two nights at Camp Joseph in a tiny rustic cabin. (no lights, no room, just two bunk beds.) It was cold! But so fun to spend time with new friends, the Iversons, the Daines and the Sakotas.
We visited the town of Woodstock in VT.
Very cool Covered Bridge from 1825
The awesome Daines!
The Bridge overlooking the Gorge
We visit the Library and Discovery Museum more than any other place in town. This day at the library, Timmy got to read to a special listening doggie. :) I think her name is Sandy.
Cora loves the park next to the Library, especially the swing,
More fun at the BB Court.
I needed to get OUT, and called the girls!
We went out to talk and eat together and it was SO MUCH fun!
The boys and I made an epic tour of Boston (first timers here!) and saw half of the Freedom Trail. (I did post pictures of this before)
We still need to see the other half.
In October, I went to the Boston Temple for Stake Relief Society Temple Day.
It was lovely. We need to go back!
Halloween was a lot of fun. Both boys had Halloween parties in class, so I was there twice. They also wanted to wear the same costume (Sith Aprentice Annakin) so it worked out that their parties were at different times.
The kids in Timmy's class LOVE Cora.
Cora and I have visited the Children's Museum in town at least once a week since September. What a great membership investment! We meet up with her boyfriend, Ben there most weeks, and sure love he and his mom, Jenn.
So, that's us. We feel like we've settled in, and are enjoying our experiences very much.
Scott really likes his job and is thriving there.
We are so blessed with wonderful friends and neighbors, excellent schools, and a great church family.
We have spent a lot of time looking at homes and towns, and really like Acton.
Here's to hoping we find a spot to settle here.
At first, the little apartment was hard to adjust to, but the kids have adapted. I have been looking ALL over the area at little homes to buy. Someday I hope to find something that I am excited to trade it in for. So far though, I only feel relief when I come home here, compared with the homes I am looking at.
Massachusetts is almost feeling like home. I think we need a good summer and then we'll be there. Usually when I round that one year mark, I feel like I'm really home.













No comments:
Post a Comment